Tuesday 1 January 2013

The end of one year and the beginning of another...

My parents house in Sætre, Norway
Today is the first day of a new year and also the end of last year. A lot of things have happened. We have lived the whole year in Svalbard, both working - me as a Geologist and Anna as a substitute at the tourist information. Hopefully Anna will get a full-time job in the new year.

We are both happy where we are, but it is no secret that we both wishes to return to Iceland one day...
In 2012 we got a new and bigger apartment in Longyearbyen, which meant we needed to buy a lot of furnitures, we also bought a car called "Bamsemums" even though there is only 45 km of roads ;0)

In May Anna was in Copenhagen visiting friends
In July I went to Iceland for a week to attend the clan meeting of my "Kaldalóns" family
In September I was working as a guide and lecturer on board the cruise-ship MV FRAM, from Svalbard to Iceland via Greenland, while Anna was on vacation in Iceland. After the cruise job we stayed another 10 days in Iceland.
In November we went on a "speed" tour to Northern England and Scotland, were we also got ENGAGED in a wee castle close to the Isle of Skye.
Anna spent most of December in Iceland on holidays while I was working. I spent Christmas with my family in Norway and then I spent New Years  in Iceland.
Unfortunately I managed to spend the last days of the old year and the beginning of the new year with the flu...but I am getting better ;0)

I wish all my friends far and near all the best for 2013 and hope to see most of you somewhere... :D


Christmas dinner, ducks

New Years eve in Hafnarfjörður, Iceland





No comments: