Saturday 1 October 2011

back again

Finally some news from my part of the world;0)
On the 31st I went to Iceland to meet Anna and to see our new apartment, which was rented out the same day. We spent a week in Iceland, looking at my glacier, visiting friends and family and spending a lot of time in the hotposts, which I have missed a lot.
Then we flew to Norway and my parents, only to stay there for 2 days before leaving for some vacation in Nice, southern France. This was a warm and beautiful place and we saw a lot of things and got some delicious food. We also met my aunt who had rented a house with a swimming pool in Provence which was very nice.
The same day we came back to Norway we drove down to my brother in SW Norway to see their new house and visit them. After two days there we went back to my parents place and stayed there for a few days before moving to Svalbard. Anna is now the house-wife while I am working;0), but she is looking for a job...
The frost has just begun and today the snow is pouring down...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, and welcome to Svalbard, Anna (hope you find a nice job.) I guess you two have been sending the snow here, it is actually only (more) rain but in the last days has turned much colder. We had bad floods here in Sept., some towns will be a long time recovering. Tomorrow we start a 3 week trip to Cape Breton via New Hampshire, Quebec, (the Gaspé,) and New Brunswick. A week on CB for a Celtic Music festival, home via Halifax, St. John and Maine. A month ago we were on the North side of the St.Lawrence River looking at the Charlevoix impact. Nice shatter cones!

Glad you had a good vacation and some nice Provence weather!