Wednesday 3 November 2010

first day at sea...

Early morning on the 1st of November I went down to the docks and the ship, MV Fram, while my father stayed at the hotel and later went on a guided tour around in the city.

it was a very warm day and the taxi drivers drive like crazy in this town, nothing for my mother!

It took some time to get the taxi driver to the right place, since he did not speak english and i not spanish. the security guard at the docks did not speak english either, but luckily i had my old crew card and could get in that way, through millions of containers...

the rest of the afternoon went with getting things ready for the guests, like jacket they would get, luggage, dressing ourselves up in our uniforms and having lunch.

the weather was very warm, around 25 degrees and absolutely now wind and no clouds.

my father and the others came onboard and we could head out to sea...

No comments: